December 31, 2008

Forward and Back.

Wow. 2009 is just a matter of mere hours away. How did this happen? How was it just the start of another semester, and now that same semseter is long gone? Seriously, these past few months have been the quickest moving period of time I have ever experienced. And boy, were they full! I mean, looking back, there was so much crammed into them that we should really only be in October now.

Here are some major highlights, just so you know what I'm talking about. I went to IL, had a couple of friends get married, started the semester, gotten a new roommate, seen many friends get engaged, had more friends get married, gone to Korea, hung out with friends, written papers, done projects, worked, taken millions of tests and quizzes, gone to the symphony, celebrated holidays, spent time with family, written a letter to the editor, gotten addicted to two shows, seen friends that I hadn't seen in forever, helped plan/ prepare to be in a wedding, worked out, etc.

You have to admit that that is quite the list, especially since it all took place in a matter of months! There are some things missing from that list, though. Things I should have done, but didn't. There are people I wish I would have called, books I really wanted to read, days when I should have gone out to take pictures, adventures I didn't go on, and more. But really, I will do my best to make 2009 a year where I do all the things need to do (well, not all. I would like to have a reason to go on living!).

Here are a few things just off of the top of my head that I really want to do in this new year:

1. Learn how to cook. Not just easy stuff, but medium to hard level stuff.
2. Read a LOT. For fun, not just school.
3. Finally pull off that 4.0 I've been wanting. I know, I'm a nerd.
4. Accomplish something in the save the world category. I'm working on this right now, actually. I will write all about it when I have something definite.
5. Write something really good. Something memorable.
6. Go somewhere I've never been before.
7. Blog more often.
8. Go to Austin
9. Take more pictures
10. To be determined at a later date!

I guess that's all for now, I've got a few things already on the agenda for 2009...my cousin is getting married, one of my friends is going to Denmark, and I've got my first 4000 level class coming up. It should be a good year. :)

No comments: